Archive for January, 2008
Saturday, January 19th, 2008
Well, it’s more than likely I do. I will be working my butt off and applying for scholarships wherever I can.
In the meantime Romantic Inks is holding an auction to raise money to help support an author or author(s) (I’m assuming it depends on how well the auction does) in their conferences fees. See details below:
**permission to forward**
Charity Silent Auction on Romantic Inks
Did Santa leave you cold? Romantic Inks has just the thing to warm you up!
RI is going to help send some lucky aspiring author to the 2008 RWA Conference and weâ€™re looking for your support! For our Silent Auction weâ€™re offering fabulous books including books from many genres, critiques from authors who will make your toes curl, web designs and even promotional space. Take a look at the list we haveâ€¦
Romantic Inks Auction
Bidding begins January 20th!
Saturday, January 19th, 2008
I saw this on Christine D’Abo’s post and thought it would be fun to give it a try. It’s actually pretty accurate, although success certainly does NOT come easily to me…
What Michelle Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.
You master any and all skills easily. You don’t have to work hard for what you want.
You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you’ll knock down anyone who gets in your way!
You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It’s easy to get you excited… which can be a good or bad thing.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don’t stick with any one thing for very long.
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.
You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily.
You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.
A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.
You are truly an original person. You have amazing ideas, and the power to carry them out.
Success comes rather easily for you… especially in business and academia.
Some people find you to be selfish and a bit overbearing. You’re a strong person.
You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.
You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don’t get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008
I mean really, if I’m going to be tagged, being tagged by Sylvia Day is a pretty good way to go.
So here are 7 random things about me (trying to give you ones I haven’t said before):
- Last night, I finally started to write the Single Title I have been thinking about for a while. Only got 649 words down, but have all the main characters written out too.
- I’m not sure I can write 80k, that’s a lot of words and, to-date, the longest I’ve written is category length.
- I love movie popcorn with real butter. Popcorn at home (microwave, air-popped, etc.) doesn’t cut it. I want real movie popcorn.
- I love to sing and, while my childhood dreams of being a superstar have faded (yeah, not near good enough), singing with our Worship band (contemp music) fills that need. I was asked to sing at a wedding last week and it was a highlight for me, for sure.
- I’m not very good at doing nothing. I get bored and anxious, which really isn’t the point of relaxing. Unless… the sun is shining, I have a chaise lounge, a pile of books, a good drink, a cabana boy, a pool to dip in and a swim up bar (and the kids are being taken care of – this is my dream world where I have people for that)…then I might be able to relax. Maybe.
- I love to cook, but I hate prep work and clean up. Luckily my deal with dh is that he cleans up, but that still leaves prep work. Ahh well, I still love to cook. Right now I’m using Nigella Lawson’s Nigella Express. These are not low fat by any means, but so far we are loving it. There’s this one chocolate pudding thing… OMG so good. However, I regularly use Sandi Richard’s Cooking for the Rushed, which is excellent, easy and mostly very healthy.
Now I am supposed to tag seven people. Immi, Victoria Krain (maybe this will help your Muse LOL), Shannon Stacey, Christine D’Abo, Jenna Bayley-Burke, Gwen Hayes, and Susan Helene Gottfried. Whew! LOL
Tuesday, January 15th, 2008
It’s another voting thing so if you’ve read it and feel that it’s the best ebook inspirational you read last year, I’d sure appreciate the votes. I’m not so good at these awards since they are definitely popularity contests and apparently I don’t know enough people! LOL However, I also want people to vote because they actually liked my book, so if that’s you then (click on image to go vote)…
Also, my CP, Imogen Howson, is up for an award in the best ebook in the romance sci-fi/fantasy category. Go vote for Falling too!
Tuesday, January 15th, 2008
…Is pretty much what life is. But that’s not the point of this post. The point is that a friend of mine has her debut book coming out on February 5, 2008 and it looks fantastic. I am sure that once she reads this and sees how desperate I am for an Advanced Copy that she will accept my cheque for $12.54 (the cost of the book on Chapters.ca), she will send me one promptly. Otherwise I will have to wait like the rest of you.
Having met Eileen on several occassionas, and attended two separate workshops of hers, I can tell you she’s quite funny. Take a look at her blog, if you need proof.
Originally titled In the Stars, Unpredictable has already sold in Russia, France and Germany and has had its film rights optioned. That is some debut book!
Sophie isn”t crazy, she just wants her guy back. And posing as a psychic to give his new girlfriend a fake reading designed to break them up isn”t going overboard, is it? Don”t answer that. Faking psychic powers turns out to be fun, especially after a few lessons from Nick, the cute skeptic, who teaches her all the tricks of the trade. But her readings do a lot more than she could have predicted. Now she must decide whether to accept her rising stardom in a less-than-honest line of work-and whether the best option is trying to rekindle her old flame or finding romance with someone new. And, most importantly, she needs to figure out whether the answers lie in the stars-or in herself.
You can find an excerpt HERE.
Go pre-order your copy today and support a great author and funny lady.